Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A beautiful poem:
The World is Mine
--------------------

 Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman,
 And wished I were as beautiful.
 When suddenly she rose to leave,
 I saw her hobble down the aisle.
 She had one leg and wore a crutch.
 But as she passed, she passed a smile.
 Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
 I have two legs; the world is mine.

 I stopped to buy some candy,
 The lad who sold it had such charm,
 I talked with him, he seemed so glad,
 If I were late, it'd do no harm.
 And as I left, he said to me,
 "I thank you, you've been so kind.
 It's nice to talk with folks like you.
 You see," he said, "I'm blind."
 Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
 I have two eyes; the world is mine.

 Later while walking down the street,
 I saw a child I knew.
 He stood and watched the others play,
 but he did not know what to do.
 I stopped a moment and then I said,
 "Why don't you join them dear?"
 He looked ahead without a word,
 I forgot, he couldn't hear.
 Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,
 I have two ears; the world is mine.

 With feet to take me where I'd go,
 With eyes to see the sunset's glow,
 With ears to hear what I'd know.
 With loving family & friends to enjoy life
 Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,
 I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine. 😊💥😊
-------

 If this poem makes you feel thankful,
Just forward it to your friends.
 After all, it's just a simple reminder that we have so much to be thankful for!
 Give the gift of love.
It never comes back empty😊

No comments:

Post a Comment